Friday, March 9, 2012

Crab Meat with Eggs


That day I bought a packet of crab meat. Initially wanted to cook with packet shark fin soup. But I forgot about the idea after looking through recipes for inspiration. This was the recipe I followed and it reminded me of this Chinese dish I had in Chinese restaurant. I omitted some ingredients and only used crab meat and eggs.

Ingredients:

150g Crab Meat
2 tsp Chinese Cooking Wine
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
3 Eggs
A dash of White Pepper
2 slices of Ginger, finely chopped or minced
3/4 cup Chicken Stock or Water + 1 tsp Corn Flour
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1-2 tsp Soy Sauce

Method:

1. Combine crab meat, Chinese cooking wine, salt, eggs and pepper. Lightly beaten and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat oil on low to medium heat gently fry the egg mixture until lightly firm. set aside. (Do not brown the eggs)
2. Add oil and turn the heat on high, cook ginger briefly. Add chicken stock, soy sauce and sesame oil.
3. Bring sauce to boil and mix in the eggs. Continue cooking and let it simmer on a low heat for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment