Thursday, March 15, 2012

Easy One Bowl Banana Marble Cake


My friends were invited to come to my house, and I was kind enough to ask her what cake she wanted to eat at my place. She requested for banana chocolate cake. So I searched around for recipes and tried to bake the week before they were here. It did not turned out well. So I searched around for easy to make banana cake again Before the actual day. After much research, I decided on this recipe. To play safe, I whisk sugar and egg till creamy first before adding the rest of ingredients, and I thought maybe I can add cocoa powder to one potion to create marble effect, in order to meet my friend's requirement: banana + chocolate cake. Hee!

Ingredients: (half the original recipe)
1/4 cup (60g) vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp double action baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup (80g, original recipe asked for 1/2 cup-120g)icing sugar
3 medium size banana (mashed with fork)
1 cup(235g) top flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cocoa powder

Method:
1. In a bowl, Whisk sugar and egg till pale and creamy.
2. Add oil, vanilla essence, mashed banana.
3. Sifted in flour, baking powder and baking soda, mix well with salt.
4. Pour half potion in a pan. Add cocoa powder in another potion, mixed well and pour in the pan.
5. Use a skewer to swirl the mixture to create marble effect.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 175deg C for 30-40 minutes.
7. Check using a skewer. If skewer come out clean, removed from oven and cool on rack.

Verdict: my friends liked it! texture is super fine and not dry. Soft and flavourful, will definitely bake it again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment