Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Red fermented beancurd Lotus Root


Every year, My sister will cook 罗汉斋(mixed vegetable) with red fermented beancurd(南乳) and my mom will always cook Braised lotus root with red fermented beancurd for me. I had some roasted pork in the fridge and I have not been eating this for awhile so cooked this for dinner today. It is very easy to cook and it always taste good. This is the recipe:

Ingredient:
1 cube red fermented beancurd
1 stalk lotus root (sliced)
Some roasted pork
1 cup chicken stock and red fermented beancurd sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar to taste

Method:
1. Boil lotus root in boiling water and a pinch of salt. When soften, Set aside.
1. Heat pan with Roasted pork. Fried till fragrant, golden and oily.
2. Add fermented beancurd cube and quickly smash it.
3. Add lotus root and stir well.
4. Add sauce and chicken stock, stir well. Lower heat and simmer till lotus root turn soft.
5. Sugar to taste. Ready to serve.

I am submitting this post to very good recipes family challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment